Last year, the TEDxAmsterdam Simulcast Events were an even bigger success than the first year. More venues, spread wider across the country and attracting more visitors! Some simulcast locations were very special, like the one from our sponsor in the highest office of Rotterdam (the Maastoren), one in the Watermuseum in Arnhem (the only one covering water) and a 3D simulcast in Pathé Tuschinski. We are also proud of the many universities who took part in spreading the ideas!
This year, we will provide a simulcast again. We welcome people to organise and host a simulcast event and encourage them to making it their own event. In principle everyone is allowed to organise a simulcast event, although we have some guidelines. We like to have maximum coverage across the country and even abroad. And we like the simulcast events to be open to everyone as much as possible. You can already get the buzz watching TEDxAmsterdamTV right on our website on the 24th from 10.00-22.00!
Simulcast Event Locations
We have some regular locations lined up, but also a few new ones. Here is a selection:
• Seats2Work Maanlander @ Amersfoort
• International School of Amsterdam @ Amstelveen
• ABC Treehouse @Amsterdam
• Boom Chicago (Vodafone Firestarters) @ Amsterdam
• The Hub @ Amsterdam
• Energize @ Amsterdam
• Groene Amsterdammer @ Amsterdam
• McKinsey @ Amsterdam
• UvA Science Park @ Amsterdam
• Kirkman Company @ Baarn
• SqEME @ Breukelen
• Cabfab @ Den Haag
• TEDxDordrecht @ Dordrecht
• Seats2Meet/ Strijp S @ Eindhoven
• We love it when a plan comes together @ Groningen
• IN Holland Haarlem / GNR8 @ Haarlem
• Kappellerput Conferentiehotel @ Heeze
• 043Lounge @ Maastricht
• Deloitte @ Maastoren Rotterdam
• GLR Media College @ Rotterdam
• Youmeet @ Utrecht
• Achmea @ Zeist
The best you can do now is register on our website and enter where you want to attend a simulcast in your profile. We’ll get back to you by email to match organizing simulcast locations with attendees. Only registrations until 10 November will receive an e-mail. Too late? Do not worry, and have a look at the Simulcast Google Map for venues.
View TEDxAmsterdam Simulcast Locations 2011 on a larger map
The full program might change during the day itself, but we keep up to the blocks dividing the event in different sessions. This means that if you’re watching the livestream, or are organizing a simulcast event you will know when to plan bathroom breaks and your complementary program.
Registration starts at 8.00
• Session 1 9.00-10.40
• Break 10.40-11.15
• Session 2 11.15-12.45
• Lunch 12.45-13.45
• Session 3 13.45-15.30
• Break 15.30-16.15
• Session 4 16.15-17.45
• Dinner 17.45-18.45
• Session 5 18.45-19.05
• Break 19.05-19.45
• Session 6 19.45-21.00
Closing drinks from 21.00-23.00
Find the entire program on the program page.
How do I organise a TEDxAmsterdam Simulcast Event?
You can show your interest by signing in to your TEDxAmsterdam profile and choose the appropriate field there. Otherwise, please contact email@example.com.
What is it exactly?
An official location at which you can watch an HD live stream of the TEDxAmsterdam 2011 programme brought to you from the Stadsschouwburg Amsterdam. You are allowed to have your own (live) speakers and surprise your guests with food and drinks.
What do you need for it?
- A venue: 50 – 250 people
- A more or less open invitation policy
- Projector (beamer) and projector screen
- Computer with broadband internet access (> 4 Mb, preferably 6 Mb)
- Recommended: a so-called back-channel for e.g. Twitter communication
- Recommended: an open mind and excitement for ideas and collaboration
What does TEDxAmsterdam provide?
Just a login to the designated webpage containing a video player streaming video in HD quality.
What are the Terms & Conditions?
• A TEDxAmsterdam Simulcast Event must be free of charge. Any compensation for drinks and food is of course allowed.
• Branding is to remain official and will be managed by TEDxAmsterdam. With regard to any communication on the event, please always use TEDxAmsterdam as the event name plus your location, for example “TEDxAmsterdam @ Groningen.”
• A Simulcast Event is preferably open to the public. An event on invitation-only basis is possible. A permission is at the discretion of TEDxAmsterdam.
• A full description of the Simulcast Event is to be provided to TEDxAmsterdam, including event’s communication and address details. This information will also be used for publication on the TEDxAmsterdam website.
We will be in touch after you have registered as an organizer.
What will the program look like?
Take a look at the program and decide at which points your program complements ours.
Feller Media, Hoens Facilities, NLBuzz, SURFnet and Stadsschouwburg Amsterdam, we are able to provide high resolution video streams to a number of locations.